Friday, December 26, 2014

Writing More: One Foot in Front of the Other

The Christmas Season brings with it a lot of joy and merriment. And for this writer, it also brings a chance to log more minutes/hours writing! This is a gift I give myself and let me tell you, it fills my bucket. :)

I'm working on expanding a story. I love this story and what I'm adding I really resonate with and dig the direction it is taking the story. But as I carve out writing time, the road to completion sometimes feels a long way away. Ever get that way? The project is cool, but man, sometimes the journey feels like "are we there yet?

But like any journey, you get there by putting one foot in front of the other. So as I navigate my way through this writing experience, I am getting there one word/sentence/scene down, and then another. And as I go, I am learning more about this story, myself as a writer, and what direction I want my writing career to go in.

Dang, that sounds just like what travel does; learning about yourself, your world, and putting life into perspective. Clever Universe and all its parallels. Double dang, now I want to plan a trip.

What are you working on? How are you putting one foot in front of the other?

We get there by putting one foot in front of the other.
Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment