Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Expand Your Normal

Sarah Kades and Ski School Instructor Extraordinaire
(he also answers to Rob)

Have these words ever crossed your mind: take a downhill ski lesson, you don't know what you're doing.

Cabin Fever
They did for me a couple weeks ago. Cabin fever had set in at our household so it was time for an adventure. And what better way to celebrate winter than playing in the snow in the mountains?

Winging It
Oh wait, it's been years since I've been on downhill skis and I never really knew what I was doing, just kind of winged it. Well, hello Panorama Resort and the Ski School. And we were meeting friends out there. Okay they knew what they were doing. So does my husband. But this kid < thumbs pointing to chest >  took a lesson. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Laptops and Lounges
I did bring my laptop and even got some writing in that wonderful weekend. But, I spent most of the time playing which equalled recharging. And maybe I hit the T-Bar with everyone for a cold one or two... ;)

 
Sarah Kades, beyond the magic carpet
Gold Medal Game
I did not wake up at 5am that Sunday to watch the Gold Medal Hockey Game between Canada and Sweden. My hubbie did, though. Does that count? just kidding.

Blasted Quads and Inspired Words
It wasn't a relaxing weekend, per say. I haven't blasted my quads like that in years. But it sure was fun! And my writing has absolutely taken off since coming back home. Nice!

Thanks Winter, Family and Friends who played, too, Ski Instructor Extraordinaire (a.k.a. Rob), and those gorgeous mountains! I had a blast...and not just my quads. ;)

Happy Adventuring, Happy Reading




Sunday Morning...before coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment